Thursday, June 3, 2010

Everlast

One of my favourite musical artists is Everlast. I have been listening to him for 3 or 4 years now, after my cousin introduced me to his music. His music is probably alot different to what most people listen to, as he is classified as blues/rock/country-rap. Alot of his songs are very well written, and have some sort of meaning to them. One of my favourite songs by him is Put Your Lights On, a song he did with Carlos Santana. He wrote this song after a heart attack, and realized how much life means. Another song that I think has alot of meaning to it is What It's Like, which basically is saying that you don't know what it's like unless you've been through it yourself. I like Everlast alot because of his wide range of songs. He sings songs that are sad and slow, but also songs that are upbeat. I think Everlast is a really good artist because of the content of his albums. White Trash Beautiful was an album he released in 2004, and alot of the songs are slow and meaningful, while Love, War, and the Ghost of Whitey Ford, which was released in 2008, has alot more upbeat songs and fun songs, and even has a cover he did of Johnny Cash's Folsom Prison Blues. I also think he is a great artist because of his ability to cover many types of music. He was part of the group House Of Pain, which released the very popular 1992 single Jump Around, and is now in the musical group La Coka Nostra, which is a hip-hop group. I would say that Everlast is an amazing artist because of his talent, and how he shyed away from the typical types of music you would hear everyday. Also, at almost 41 years old, he is still successful and still making music with La Coka Nostra.

Songs I would recommend:
What It's Like
Put Your Lights On
Black Jesus
Ends
Stone In My Hand
Lonely Road






No comments:

Post a Comment